Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Advanced Diploma of Art and Design begins...

24th July 2012 was the official start-up day for the Advanced Diploma of Art and Design at CIT.  We are a small but enthusiastic group, keen to get on with the work of creating masterpieces. 


Class started with some vital information about the course, timetabling and general 'housework', which I unfortunately missed on account of being late. Paul helpfully repeated himself for my benefit as the morning wore on. 


It seems I have to come up with my own ideas for my studio project!! With a view to undertaking this decision we all did a brainstorm on what sorts of things 'inspire' us and came up with an interesting list including some of the following:



  • dreams
  • films
  • books
  • exhibitions
  • experimenting with different media
  • architecture
  • magazines
  • music
  • natural environments (bush, rivers, lakes, parks)
  • dance/drama/cultural experiences
  • alcohol
  • other artists
  • particular artistic genres (surrealism, expressionism etc)
  • animals
  • doodling
  • following on line links
  • pinterest
  • zoos, museums, public places (cafes, pubs)
  • events
  • diaries

'Felines' by Gwen Clarke
When I got home I brought some art materials out of the cold studio and into the warm living area and decided to act on a long held desire to do a picture based on the above picture which I gave to my husband as a wedding gift (back when dinosaurs still roamed the earth).


My dining table version is on the sidebar. Other artists have been a huge source of inspiration for me in the past (dare I mention William Kentridge?) and Gwen's beautiful work is no exception. 





1 comment:

  1. Fantastic Julie. I love this so much. What a great way to keep in contact with what everyone's doing. Bless.xxx

    ReplyDelete