Class started with some vital information about the course, timetabling and general 'housework', which I unfortunately missed on account of being late. Paul helpfully repeated himself for my benefit as the morning wore on.
It seems I have to come up with my own ideas for my studio project!! With a view to undertaking this decision we all did a brainstorm on what sorts of things 'inspire' us and came up with an interesting list including some of the following:
- experimenting with different media
- natural environments (bush, rivers, lakes, parks)
- dance/drama/cultural experiences
- other artists
- particular artistic genres (surrealism, expressionism etc)
- following on line links
- zoos, museums, public places (cafes, pubs)
|'Felines' by Gwen Clarke|
My dining table version is on the sidebar. Other artists have been a huge source of inspiration for me in the past (dare I mention William Kentridge?) and Gwen's beautiful work is no exception.